A big thank you for playing my little quiz. Hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend.
Many of you found these acronyms as foreign to you as I did to me! I am somewhat relieved to know that I am in good company.
Now known as one of my hippest readers, the winner of guessing the most correct acronyms is Debbie, with a whopping 4 correct answers! Debbie has followed my little blog from the very beginning & is a regular contributor in giving me feedback in the comment section. Thank you Debbie, not only for playing along, but for commenting on a regular basis. Interacting with readers is a large part of what keeps me writing!
As promised, here are the answers:
1. OMG – Oh My Gosh or Oh My God, depending on how excited one is!
2. SSPD – This was a bit of nasty trick, for it is not really a common acronym. (I liken this to that pain in the ass teacher who would throw in some random question that really had no relevance, just to see if you were paying attention!) I did manage to source a couple for this particular acronym believe it or not. Top ones being: Secret Service Presidential Division or Small Scale Powder Dispenser. I have a suspicion these ones won’t catch on!
3. SWAK – Sealed With A Kiss
4. HAGN – Have a Good Night
5. YOLO – You Only Live Once (this should be shouted at the top of your lungs btw)
6. POS – Parents Over Shoulder(I suspect this is one used when a young person is attempting to have a private conversation) Most of us old folks would have guess Point of Sale!
7. SSDD – Same Shit Different Day
8. LTNS – Long Time No See
9. NOYB – None of Your Business
10. FOMO – Fear of Missing Out
Again, thanks so much for playing along, for engaging with me & for continuing to read. Enjoy your week!